Whether you’re preparing to host a party, packing for a trip, or planning a quiet night in, there is no question that the holidays are busy. With all the adjustments to your typical routine, it can be challenging to remember your health goals. Luckily, we have some tips that will guarantee you a healthy holiday season.
- Make time for exercise. Have a set time each day when your family knows you’ll be working out. Maybe they’ll even want to join in!
- Keep the cookies in the cabinet. Out of sight, out of mind!
- Put veggies on the buffet table. Fresh vegetables are a filling, healthy snack.
- Don’t skip meals. It’s a lot easier to overeat at Thanksgiving dinner if you haven’t eaten lunch!
- Drink mostly water or sparkling water. You’ll stay hydrated without getting too many calories from alcohol or sugary drinks.
- Use smaller dishes. It’s harder to overeat if you can’t fit too much on your plate.
- Try some of everything! Just remember to choose small portions, with vegetables making up about half your plate.
- Eat slowly, savoring each delicious bite.
- Don’t forget the after-dinner walk! This can be a great way to get active with your family after a big dinner.
Keep in mind Thanksgiving is more than just the food. It’s about being thankful. Life is precious; celebrate every little aspect and have a JOYOUS, DELICIOUS Thanksgiving day.